Marina Thelen
A little bit about me: I was adopted when I was very young from South America and was raised in Southern Minnesota. Currently I'm a SAHM of an adorable son...he's our only child so far (hope to have one more down the road). I'm married to an amazing veteran (recently he just got medically discharged). We enjoy fishing, camping, sports (especially hockey & college football), and traveling.
Blog: The Little Oak Tree Blog
Blog Description: Blogging about some of our favorite products, cloth diapering, recipes, family, and more...oh and having giveaways!!
Any news or updates about your blog that you’d like to share? I recently just got offered the contract with PetBox for a full year so I'm very excited to work with them. There is also a giveaway that will be starting 3/20 for all those Washi lovers out there...it'll also have something else with it too
How did you get started on subscription boxes? I actually got started on box subscriptions from a great friend (Kristina Espley) I've met originally in the aden+anais b/s/t group but kept in touch with her almost daily and eventually she introduced me to some box subscriptions she had for her son. I never realized how many box subscriptions are out there haha.
How did you get started blogging? I started the blog to originally give me something to do when our son naps while staying at home and to share our journey of our 1st kid. One of my friends from high school had a blog for her journey with raising her little peanuts so one day I asked her how to get started with my own blog and went from there
What boxes do you currently receive? Currently I subscribe to Citrus Lane, Stork Stack, Love with Food, occasionally Silly Rhino, got 1 Austin Lloyd box on the way, and have a contract with PetBox for a year. Now that my blog is mainly focused on box subscriptions (used to be a blog mainly focusing on cloth diapering) I try to buy a box from each of the companies that is a competition to the ones we subscribe to so I can bring my supporters a review of the boxes that are similar to each other.
What is your favorite item you have ever received in a subscription box? I would have to say our favorite thing so far has been Green Toys...we never owned any until Citrus Lane sent us one and since then they have become one of our favorite brands of toys to get our son.
Would you consider yourself a casual, intense, or obsessed sub boxer? I would say I'm a casual box subscriber. I only get one box for myself...otherwise all of the other boxes are either for our son or the pooch.
Spoilers or no spoilers? Definitely spoilers...I'm very impatient so I always want to know what we will be receiving.
What would be in your dream sub box? I love to paint in my free time with acrylics, oils, chalk, charcoal, etc...so a box pertaining to that would be very neat.
What advice do you have for someone just getting started with subscription boxes? Do you research before just subscribing to one of them...there are so many out there for children, and I wished I would of looked into all of them more before deciding to go with certain ones. :)
Anything else? I just want to thank all of my supporters and fans I have out there. It means a lot to me that people follow, like, and read my blog. I love hearing my supporters feedback and experiences with similar products that I've tried. I am so grateful for meeting so many new people via my blog and getting a ton of new opportunities through it too.

No comments:
Post a Comment