Monday, March 31, 2014

Featured Blogger: Brandy O'Grady

The Featured Blogger Series is a weekly thank you to one of our blogger members that provide great spoilers and reviews to our Sub Box Spoiler community.  Each week we get to know one of our bloggers and encourage you to visit their blog!
Name: Brandy O’GradyA little bit about me: I’m a mom of 2 (a 5 year old girl and a 3 year old boy) and my husband works in Vermont. We live in DC. I’m a part-time grad student and done with school in one month.
Blog Title: MommySplurgeBlog Link: http://mommysplurge.comBlog Description: I review primarily subscription boxes but I also review household & other beauty items when someone approaches me and I’d like to try it. Mostly I am addicted to new things.
How did you get started on subscription boxes? 
Birchbox! I should also add that we live in the DC suburbs, and it takes me about 15 minutes to get to the subway tracks, and about 15 minutes to push a stroller to Costco, Target, or Safeway. My husband has the car and despite me being able to walk everywhere, I have a lot of stuff delivered. I always have!
How did you get started blogging? 
I started my blog because after a few months of my husband being away, I got ridiculously bored.
What boxes do you currently receive? 
All of them? Ok, I get Julep, Sample Society, Birchbox, Mugler Addict, LMDB, Ipsy, Glossybox, Citrus Lane, Kiwi Crate, Bluum, Stork Stack, Darby Girl, Darby Smart, Popsugar, Socialbliss Style Box, Wantable, Fabletics, Rocks Box, Tyler Florence Fancy Box, Love With Food, Taste Trunk, Plated, Hello Fresh, MunchPak, and more! Sometimes I get Crafters Crate, Golden Tote, Loot Crate or Nerd Block, and I get many more for review - Bestowed & Appleseed Lane are definite faves.
What is your favorite item you have ever received in a subscription box? 
The Popsugar Must Have Box May 2013 Kooringal hat.
Would you consider yourself a casual, intense, or obsessed sub boxer? 
Really?
Spoilers or no spoilers? Do you prefer to know what’s coming in your packages before you open them? 
Um, if I wasn’t blogging, I wouldn’t look (or I would look if I came across them but I wouldn’t specifically seek them out). Oh I lie, I’m totally obsessed I would.
What would be in your dream sub box? 
Something that smells great, something new that I’ve never seen before, something chocolate, something to occupy my kids from the stuff I want to keep, I don’t look for anything specific or set, I just love being surprised!
Do you have any fun reuses of packaging from your boxes? 
No, I really don’t. I try to recycle them as fast as they come in. I have started saving squiggles for Easter.
What advice do you have for someone just getting started with subscription boxes?
Subscribe to what YOU like, not what everyone else likes. Don’t get a long subscription unless you are sure you will love it.
Any news or updates about your blog that you’d like to share? Anything else? 
I’m pregnant and expecting my third child - a boy! - in September. No, the baby does not belong to the letter carrier. I think he hates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment